Privacy Statement for California Residents
Last Updated: September 8th, 2021
This statement refers to the information collected, either automatically or as submitted by you, when you access, use or visit our Website, consume the Services.
1. Categories of Personal Information collected about you
2. Sharing Information
- We do not sell your Personal Information or share it for monetary gain. We may disclose your Personal Information to a third party for a business purpose. When we do so, we enter a contract that describes the purpose and requires the recipient to both keep that Personal Information confidential and not use it for any purpose except for performing the contract.
- In the preceding twelve (12) months, we have shared the following categories of personal information for a business purpose:
3. Your Rights
The CCPA provides consumers who are California residents with certain rights regarding their Personal Information. Below we describe your CCPA rights and explain how to exercise those rights:
3.1. Access to Certain Information and Data Portability Rights
You have the right to request us to disclose certain information to you about our collection and use of your Personal Information over the past 12 months. You can make a request to us as described below. Once we receive and confirm your verifiable consumer request, we will disclose the information you have requested, which could be one of the following types:
- The categories of Personal Information we collected about you;
- Sources for the Personal Information we collected about you;
- Our business or commercial purpose for collecting that Personal Information;
- The categories of third parties with whom we share that Personal Information;
- The specific pieces of Personal Information we collected about you (also called a data portability request);
- If we sold or disclosed your personal information for a business purpose (which we do not).
3.2. Deletion Request Rights
You have the right to request that we delete any of your Personal Information that we collected from you and about you, and retained, subject to certain exceptions (see below). As we do not retain Personal Information that uniquely identifies you, you may likely delete your data directly from your account, or browser. In any other case, if possible and applicable, once we receive and confirm your verifiable consumer request, we will delete (and direct our service providers to delete) your personal information from our records.
We may deny your deletion request if retaining the information is necessary for us or our service providers to:
- Complete the transaction for which we collected the personal information, provide a good or service that you requested, take actions reasonably anticipated within the context of our ongoing business relationship with you, or otherwise perform our contract with a customer/you;
- Detect security incidents, protect against malicious, deceptive, fraudulent, or illegal activity, or prosecute those responsible for such activities;
- Debug products to identify and repair errors that impair existing intended functionality;
- Exercise free speech, ensure the right of another consumer to exercise their free speech rights, or exercise another right provided for by law;
- Comply with the California Electronic Communications Privacy Act (CalOPPA);
- Engage in public or peer-reviewed scientific, historical, or statistical research in the public interest that adheres to all other applicable ethics and privacy laws, when the information's deletion may likely render impossible or seriously impair the research's achievement if you previously provided informed consent;
- Enable solely internal uses that are reasonably aligned with consumer expectations based on your relationship with us;
- Comply with a legal obligation;
- Make other internal and lawful uses of that information that are compatible with the context in which you provided it.
3.3. Exercising your rights and choices
- To exercise the access, data portability, and deletion rights described above, please submit a verifiable request to us by email to: firstname.lastname@example.org or directly via the account you maintain with us if you are a business customer.
- Please be advised that depending on the type of request you make, certain exceptions may apply according to the applicable legislation, and we reserve the right to exercise those, when applicable.
- Only you or a person registered with the California Secretary of State that you authorize to act on your behalf may make a verifiable consumer request related to your personal information. You may also make a verifiable consumer request on behalf of your minor child;
- You may only make such a request for access or data portability twice within a 12-month period.
- The request must:
- Be made by a registered California resident, or someone on their behalf;
- Provide sufficient information that allows us to reasonably verify that you are the person about whom we collected personal information or an authorized representative of yours;
- Describe your request with sufficient details which will allow us to properly understand, evaluate, and respond to it. We cannot respond to your request or provide you with any personal information if we cannot verify your identity or authority to make the request, and confirm that the personal information relates to you;
- Making a request does not require you to create an account with us if you do not already have one. We will only use personal information provided in a verifiable consumer request to verify the identity or authority to make the request.
3.4. Response Timing and Format
- We strive to respond to a verifiable consumer request within 45 days of its receipt. If we require more time (up to 90 days), we will inform you of the reason and extension period in writing.
- If you do not have an account with us, we will deliver our written response to you by email. Any disclosures we provide will only cover the 12-month period preceding your verifiable request. The response we provide will also explain the reasons we cannot comply with a request if that is the case.
- For data portability requests, we will select a format to provide your personal information that is readily usable and should allow you to transmit the information from one entity to another entity without hindrance.
- We do not charge a fee to process or respond to your verifiable request unless it is excessive, repetitive, or manifestly unfounded. If we determine that the request warrants a fee, we will tell you why we made that decision and provide you with a cost estimate before completing your request.
We will not discriminate against you for exercising any of your CCPA rights. Unless permitted by the CCPA, we will not:
- Deny you goods or services;
- Charge you different prices or rates for goods or services, including through granting discounts or other benefits, or imposing penalties;
- Provide you a different level or quality of goods or services;
- Suggest that you may receive a different price or rate for goods or services or a different level or quality of goods or services.
5. Do not Track Signals
Do Not Track is a privacy preference that can be configured in certain web browsers (the “DNT Feature”); the DNT Feature, when enabled on a web browser, signals the websites you visit that you do not want certain information about your visit collected. We do not currently respond or recognize DNT Feature signals.
6. Changes to this Privacy Notice
We reserve the right to amend this privacy notice at our discretion and at any time. When we make changes to this privacy notice, we will notify you as per the notification mechanism described in our Policy or as otherwise required by applicable laws.
7. Contact Information
If you have any questions or comments about this privacy notice or Policy, the ways in which we collect and use your personal information, your choices and rights regarding such use, or wish to exercise your rights under California law, please do not hesitate to contact us at: email@example.com.